- Each research unit has its own group folder accessible by all members.
- This is the place to create/organize your data into projects.
- All folders shared with you by other users are listed here.
- Navigate to the folder wherein you want to create a new folder.
- Use the Action > New Folder menu entry to create a new folder.
Folder name restrictions: no special characters and no spaces allowed except
_, max. length 32 chars
It is only possible to delete an empty folder.
- Navigate to the folder you want to remove.
- Use the Action > Delete Folder menu entry to delete a folder.
- A popup will require you to confirm the deletion of the folder.
- Confirm the deletion.
Folder sharing & permissions
Similar to the object permissions described in the previous chapter, the access to a folder can be defined with fine-grained permissions.
- Visit (V) allows the associated user/group to see the folder and its content.
- Modify (Mo) allows the associated user/group to modify the folder (e.g. add/remove content from the folder and rename it).
- Manage (Ma) allows the associated user/group to manage the folder (e.g. change permissions).
A permission set is a combination of multiple folder permissions.
- Viewers allows the associated user/group to see the folder and its content.
- Collaborators allows the associated user/group to modify the folder including the permissions of Viewers.
- Editors allows the associated user/group to manage the folder including the permissions of Collaborators.
Sharing a folder
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Use the Folder menu > Share menu entry.
- Make sure you select the Folders tab.
- Select the permission set.
- Search for the user/group and press Add (repeat to add multiple users).
Object permissions are not affected by folder sharing! You only define how other users can access the folder and view the contents. Example: An object is set to private and is added to a shared folder. In this case only the owner will see the object in this folder, other users do not.