Research Units are the organisational units on SMIR. The are administrated by a Research Unit Administratior. Member of a Research Unit have access to a shared group folder. Every user is member of a least one Research Unit and can be members of multiple Research Units.
Research Unit Administrator
The Research Unit Administrator can
- Accept join request
- Deny join request
- Remove users from a group
- Request be remove from as Research Unit Administrator
Accept or reject request
The email informs you that a user requested to be part of a research
unit/group where you are the research unit administrator. This request
is pending until you login to your SMIR account and accept/reject the
- Login to your VSD account
- MySMIR > Group Administration
- Accept or reject a user using the respective buttons
Please use the ticket system to request a Research Unit Administrator change.
Research Unit Registration
- Fill the online registration formular. Make sure to accurately fill the fields, including an accessable website. If you fail to do so your request will not be processed.
- Wait for the SMIR Admin to check your submission and to setup your Research Unit. This is a manual process and can take up to 7 days.
- You will receive an email once the Research Unit has been created.
- If you do not have an account on SMIR, please continue with the description in the user registration section. After registration, the SMIR administrator will accept your request and set you as Research Unit Administrator
- If you already have an account on SMIR, the SMIR administrator set you as Research Unit Administrator of this group. But your are not a member of the group automatically. To join your group, please follow the instruction in the join a research unit.
Join a Research Unit
- Go to MySMIR > Group Administration: Group Membership
In the Group Management section klick on the
Join another Research Unit button and select the Research Unit from the drop-down menu
- Press join to send the join request to the administrator of the Research Unit
- Allow up to 7 days for the request to be processes by the administrator.
Request Research Unit deletion
Please use the ticket system to request a Research Unit deletion. Only Research Unit Administrators can request deletion of their Research Unit.
- Go to MySMIR > Group Administration: Research Unit Administration
- You find a list of Research Units you administer and open request
- And the list of Research Units members: Click on